Tuesday, January 25, 2011

WY at 14 months

Over dinner tonight I realized William hit the 14-month old milestone today!  Where has the time gone!?  I think what amazes us most at this juncture is the difference a year has made.  We've gone from a baby who needed help with everything to a little person who comprehends what we say and works hard to communicate with us.  To highlight this special day, William showed us he remains ever observant...he's watching everything we do.  And Thompson included because he's obviously watched him enough to learn the process for helping in the kitchen...late this afternoon, William pushed one of the kitchen chairs to the bar and positioned it correctly so he could stand and help. So what did I do...helped him onto the chair and handed him a whisk!  He also learned the sign language for cookie this afternoon and was signing and trying to say "cookie" (cook-cook) by dinner.  He remains delightful, loves the water (baths and showers included!) and is fascinated with balls, dogs and birds (anything with a beak is a bird at this point).  He's also in the process of dropping the morning nap, so I'd expect over the next month he'll transition to the single long nap in the afternoon.

No comments: