Upon Thompson's visit to the dentist this afternoon, we learned he has his first cavity, or should I say cavities. The obvious one settled in where a small portion of a molar apparently chipped or cracked off sometime during the past 6 months. X-rays revealed two additional cavities between the back two teeth on both sides of his mouth. So, while our brushing has been good, our failure to floss didn't help. (Talk about parent guilt! If anyone understands the importance of flossing it's me as I developed a couple cavities years ago as the result of not flossing...and I now floss regularly.) Needless to say, we'll be adding DAILY flossing and mouthwash rinse to the teeth-brushing routine. We head back next week for round 1 of fillings and praying T responds well.
The good news is earlier in the afternoon we took him for his first formal eye exam and he passed with flying colors. So our assessment for Thompson is that he's inherited Bobby's eyes and my teeth.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment