Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What's Your Name?

This seems to be William's favorite question to ask people upon meeting them...be it grocery store, elevator, restaurant...you name it!

I am also reminded how fun this age is when it comes to learning and communicating with other.  William takes many things literally, and I mean literally!  We've got some good laughs recently discovering they ways William is processing what he hears and sees.

  • "wheats" = wheat thins
  • "kicking ball" = foosball table/game
  • If you've called a cup a cup, and a glass a glass, then by all means, don't call a cup a glass or visa versa
  • Scene: I'm wearing my straw beach hat.  "I like your cowboy hat," says William.  Bobby asks, "Do you think when you wear a cowboy hat you ride a cow?"  "Yes," William answers.  Bobby continues, "Not necessarily.  Often times people wearing cowboy hats will ride horses."  William replies without thought, "I like your horse hat mom."
  • "put it in my ear" = the art of listening
  • "running shoes" = his athletic shoes (they aren't tennis shoes!)
  • "with my own self" = by myself
Lastly, aside from not forgetting much of anything, he is beginning his bucket list of things he can and wants to do "when I get bigger/older".

No comments: