Poor little guy had saturated his diaper and couldn't get back to sleep, so we headed out for an early morning stroll in an attempt to keep peace in the house prior to 7 am. This morning while William napped and Thompson and Andy went to the park, I escaped with the ladies for a rejuvenating massage. Delightful! Today's weather was perfect with sunny blue skies and an great ocean breeze so I let Thompson skip QT so we could hit the beach for some 1-on-1 time.
After snack-time, William joined us on the beach where he crawled in the surf and sand.
Interestingly, garbage day was today - the same day as back home. So upon waking up, Thompson's first question was "has the garbage truck come yet?" With his experience helping our garbage man, he made certain to remind everyone these garbage men don't know all he knows about dumping trash and operating a garbage truck. And the best news...we didn't miss the truck! It came by during lunch, so Thompson ran to the front balcony to wave to the men and got a horn-honking in return. As you can imagine, he returned to the kitchen beaming from ear to ear.
Oh, and as I'm blogging, I'm sitting on the perimeter watching the parents play "chubby bunny". Congrats to Doug who won with 11 marshmellows!
No comments:
Post a Comment