Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Today's Highlights

Today marked William's first time in a swimming pool...and he handled it like a pro! He loves bathtime, so it came as no surprise that this endeavor proved successful. He seemed most comfortable floating on his back (either in his life jacket or in my arms) and splashing his arms.

Thompson, too, enjoyed the pool. With his handy-dandy red life jacket, her is totally at ease in and around the water. This afternoon he attended his first swim lesson of the summer at the YWCA, and while he was a bit apprehensive when he realized he couldn't wear his life jacket, by the end, he was eager to show the instructors he could go down the slide on his own (which meant going completely under water and then surfacing on his own).

And while I'd like to think swimming was T's highlight for the day, I'm pretty sure I'd be wrong...rather it would be helping the garbage man do EVERYTHING associated with dumping our garbage. T got to push the buttons that compact the trash already in the truck, pull (and push!) the levers to lift up our garbage can and dump the refuse into the truck, and finish with a squirt of hand santizer. Yes, he loves garbage day! He can hear the truck once it turns on our street. And I can honestly say I believe T is one of the highlights of our garbage men's Tuesday route.

No comments: