It's been a couple weeks since my last post, so I thought I'd take this "free" moment to give you a brief update. Unfortunately, I don't have a recent picture to include...hopefully next time! Anyways, life in this Jones family remains both blessed and busy.
It is hard to believe but Thompson hit the 21-month mark this past weekend! Where does the time go!? He has adjusted to his preschool like a champ! We are so proud of him. This was the first day that they moved his class to the regular schedule (up until now, they were letting his class out an hour early). I think he had a blast because he could barely keep his eyes open on the way home. It was also his first time in Chapel and attending music. His new word for the day is "Alleluia" and I won't even attempt to phonetically spell out how he says it, but as you can imagine, it is precious. We continue to enjoy learning about life through the eyes of a now 21-month old. It certainly bring laughter and smiles to our lives.
Bobby continues to enjoy his post at Lonesome Valley. As I've mentioned previously, LV is the antithesis from where he's been, which is a welcome change; but as is true with any new job, there is always a period of adjustment. We spent this past weekend with his parents (Annie and Poppy) in Cashiers as Bobby worked Saturday. However, Sunday after church, while Thompson was enjoying time with Annie and Poppy, the two of us were able to escape into Panthertown Valley for a leisurely hike and fly-fishing excursion. As for this weekend, we are excited to be staying home as his off the schedule.
As for me, and you don't need to guess, I manage to stay busy. I am still trying to figure out what I will do with myself while Thompson is at school. Today I elected to run errands. My current thinking is that each week I'll choose one day to run errands and the other to remain at home. For the fall semester, I joined MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) through our church. We meet every other Wednesday morning, and I am already enjoying being in fellowship with other women. I am still serving as a fundraising consultant for the Merrie-Woode Foundation. I've also been serving on our local Property Owners Association Board, which has been overall a positive experience, although I don't think I was prepared for the time I'd invest. Finally, I've set a date - October 5 - to take the official North Carolina Real Estate exam. Keep your fingers crossed.
So as you can see, "this Jones family" is doing well and on the go. In recent weeks, I've been reminded about how precious life is and how important it is to give thanks each and every day to the Lord while simultaneously lifting up all prayers and burdens to Him. For it is through Christ that we are renewed and strengthened.
Blessings to each of you.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment