Saturday, July 27, 2013

"City House" Camp Day 6 (addendum)

As I sit down tonight, after checking facebook, email and text messages, I've discovered Thompson and William had one exciting Saturday!

It began with Papere taking the boys to see Ed at The Hair Shop of Lawndale.  (They left Mamere in bed at the "city house" in bed.)  Evidently, William insisted he get his haircut first, followed by Thompson and then Papere.  I still have fond memories of Ed cutting my hair and getting super-bubble bubble gum afterwards.  And some things don't change!  Y got gum afterwards and W remembering 4-years old is the magic age for gum settled for a lollipop.
I'm guessing Ed is taking care of T's personal fuzz.

Next stop...Krispy Kreme for donughts!

Then off to the NC Zoo in Asheboro.

The day concludes with dinner (yummy sliders) at Grey's Tavern.

And what do you do when you hear a train whistle during dinner?  Run outside of course and watch the trains cross!

Then, ice cream at Fincastles

However, I think they we're rockin' a little too much on their way back to the "city house"...BUSTED! by the GPS in Center City Park.

As for us, a relatively quiet day. Bobby and Herb went road bike shopping while Kristine and I ran some errands.  I spent time on some much needed gardening and Bobby and Herb worked on installing our new mailbox.  However, Greensborowasn't  too far away...check out my glass!

No comments: