Around this same time, we began noticing a bird that was frequently flying into the door and exterior wall and flying off anytime we opened the door. I began wondering if she was the culprit and the weeds were her futile attempt at making a nest atop the back porch light. (Which, if you ask my opinion, is impossible because the light is only affixed on one side, not nestled in the corner.) But, was the joke on me! Clearly, I had vastly underestimated the determination and creativity God instilled in birds. Look what we discovered this past Wednesday morning!
We finally took note of the bird as she likes to perch herself in one of the pine trees on the back hill: Mrs. Robin Redbreast. I just wish I had a time-lapse camera to have caught the nest's creation. Now to wait and see if any eggs would appear...
The first egg appeared Saturday morning. And this afternoon (Sunday) we have #2!
No comments:
Post a Comment