A couple summers ago, a white rose bush captured my eye at a local nursery. The fragrance immediately brought me back to my Great Aunt Boo-Boo's backyard where she grew roses along her garage. I knew I had to have it and would find a spot for it. As luck would have it, it is planted beside our garage where it gets full sun. For the record, I am a novice when it come to roses. The mere fact it is still alive and offer a few blooms each year is cause for celebration. Having ignored the plant after its first round of blooms this season, we've been shocked to see it "take off" the past month. You can't walk past the roses without catching a whiff of their fragrance, and upon a closer look, you see the bush is heavy with buds and flowers...and it's October! With the cold-snap forecasted for the weekend and possible flurries tonight, I'm not sure how it will respond, so I took a few pictures to capture their beauty.


No comments:
Post a Comment