With squash, zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, herbs and strawberries all in a row! (and awesome wild blackberries from the back hill) But seriously, it is doing quite well thus far. I've had two "hiccups". The first being my tomato plants developed blight. I'm doing my best to treat in an effort to prolong their season. Interestingly, the tomato plants in the straw bale shows a mild case. Secondly, the squash plant between a squash plant and cucumber plant appears to have cross pollinated, because I'm getting dark yellow-colored squash with a cucmber like shape and exterior.
the "regular" garden
2 squash plants in forground, 2 cucumber vines, 4 tomato plants, sage, basil, rosemary & 4 huge zucchini plants in middle/background
straw bale #1 - tomatoes
notice the vines reach the top of the 5-foot stake!![]()
cherry tomatoes (in straw bale)
![]()
straw bale #2 - squash and cucmber
look at all the squash flowers!
the largest zucchni and squash harvested after 5 days away
(the zucchini was easily 12" long...
and half of it made 2 loaves of zucchini bread!)![]()
one, yes ONE, hydrangea bloom
No comments:
Post a Comment