Monday, November 16, 2009

Preschooler Perspective

As mentioned in a post earlier this month, we find ourselves amazed at the way Thompson communicates with and articulates his thoughts to us. That being said, we thought we'd share a few more of his perspectives...

Scenario 1. Thompson was whining one evening, about what, we can't recall. Bobby asked him to stop, take a breath and tell us what he wanted/needed without whining. In a frustrated voice with tears coming out of his eyes and fists clinched Thompson responds, "I can't...I can't get my words back."

Scenario 2. Thompson asked Avery to chase him around the house, to which Avery responded, I can't run because of the baby in my tummy." A minute or less passes when Thompson walks over to Bobby and says, "Daddy will you run with me since you don't have a baby in your tummy?"

Scenario 3. Last night at dinner, when looking at the food on his plate, Thompson pointed in a circular motion at each item and said, "All the things I don't like (pause) are not on my plate! I'm going to eat everything all gone!" (and in case you are wondering what was for dinner? pears, sauteed spinach, poached salmon and dill-yogurt sauce)

No comments: