Last night, our neighbors the Freemans watched Thompson so we could enjoy a nice dinner out. Upon returning home, Kristine told us they introduced Thompson to a new movie - Arthur and the Invisibles - and at the end of the movie, Thompson was overcome with emotion and began sobbing during the credits.
As a bit of background...about a month ago while watching Ice Age, Thompson began crying when the father encounters his infant son towards the end of the movie. He was a bit embarrassed about crying, covering his face under a blanket. When I asked Thompson why he was crying, he said I just am. I realized then that a 3-year old may not understand or articulate why he would be crying, especially if he wasn't physically hurt or upset, so I attempted to explain that sometimes very happy things will make us cry.
So, this morning (with no prompting necessary) Thompson told us he was "happy sad" last night when he watched Arthur and the Invisibles. "Happy sad"...we couldn't have described it better ourselves! I don't think we'll ever think of the emotional tears we shed the same ever again...if we are to shed tears, wouldn't "happy sad" tears be the best!?
Let's see in other quick updates...Thompson is still talking about his train ride from Greensboro to Raleigh (pronounced RAW-lee) with Ma-mere and Pa-pere on the passenger train two weeks ago...Thompson and Avery had a great time at the beach last week, although we missed Bobby incredibly--needless to say, we are glad to be home...Thompson helped me make a red velvet cake yesterday to celebrate Bobby's birthday last week and my birthday today...we are enjoying awesome spring weather with all the windows open...we are having dinner tonight with the Freemans at the Pisgah Inn on the Blue Ridge Parkway to celebrate our birthdays...I'm 10 weeks along now, feeling good overall despite some fatigue, and feeling bigger with each passing day...Thompson is already talking about being a big brother and mentioned this morning over breakfast that we wanted to hold the baby...we are reminded daily that God continues to bless us more than we know.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love hearing about your fam.
I can wait for you to view the images from our lifestyle family session.
Post a Comment