Thursday, October 9, 2008

The First of Many

Yesterday morning I got the first of what I know will be many more questions to follow. It was raining, and after breakfast, Thompson asked why it was raining. My response...God sent the rain to water the grass, trees and flowers to that they would grow. Being in the "why?" phase, Thompson asked the question again to which I responded with a similar answer. As I continued about the house taking care of my morning "to-do's" I heard..."Where is God? I don't see Him outside." Wow! I certainly wasn't prepared to answer that question, and in that moment, I was convicted that this wasn't a question I could ignore or take lightly. So, I answered it as best I could, hoping my answer was good enough. God must have imparted a fraction of his wisdom to and through me as Thompson seemed satisfied with my answer. And while I haven't had another such question yet, I know there are many more to come.

No comments: