The following is an excerpt from The Faith Club, which I read during the Christmas holiday. As a "young" mother, it resonated with me and reminded me that by serving others, especially our children and husbands, we not only serve God, but also become more Christ-like. I hope you find it equally inspiring and encouraging. And while Thompson's not three yet, I look forward to the day when he thanks the Lord for his mommy and daddy. "At the moment, my calling is motherhood, and motherhood is prayer. It's difficult to think of it that way all the time, given the quotidian life of a mother - the carpools, the cooking, the laundry, the shopping, the homework. But I have to remind myself that all of those labors are service to others and therefore service to God. Meanwhile, it is the most rewarding job I can imagine. What better way to end the day than lying next to a three-year-old saying bedtime prayers and hearing him say, "Thank you, God, for my mommy."
~Suzanne Oliver, The Faith Club
"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."
~Mark 10:45
No comments:
Post a Comment